How you can cross washer and dryer connections to stop door collision + why we love our Samsung set to make us extra environment friendly in tackling our laundry pile.
Add this to the lengthy checklist of tasks we meant to do for months and questioned WHY on the planet it took us so lengthy as soon as we really made it occur.
You already know all of these “As Seen on TV” commercials that present somebody in black and white combating a #firstworldproblem?
Image me for 2 stable years of dancing round these washer and dryer doorways each time I needed to transfer a load of garments from the washer to the dryer as a result of all this time I believed, “Nicely, that is an previous home. The washer and dryer connections are backwards, and that is simply the best way it must be.”
Once we first moved in, I wished a entrance load washer and dryer as a result of I like being able to make use of the highest as a folding desk of kinds. So we acquired this Samsung Vitality Star dryer and this Samsung AddWash Excessive Effectivity washer, which we’ve liked ever since.
The most important purpose I wished the washer was due to the little hatch within the entrance that permits me so as to add any renegade socks and dish towels on the final minute after beginning the wash. (I blame mother mind… or Nargles.)
However as a result of that fancy little hatch has a complicated locking system, I couldn’t simply swap the doorways to swing within the reverse instructions to stop door collision.
After which it dawned on Robert and me one night within the midst of preventing with them that we might simply swap the washer and dryer and cross their connectors.
Oddly sufficient, I couldn’t discover any information on the market for the way to do that aside from a bunch of contractor boards saying they do it “on a regular basis”. So in case you have the identical battle, I hope this helps. And whilst you’re at it, it’s a good suggestion to scrub out your dryer vent for security.
How you can Cross Washer and Dryer Connectors:
1. Be certain that your washer and dryer aren’t working (goes with out saying, I do know).
2. Pull your dryer away from the wall. (The dryer is lighter, so it’s simpler to maneuver than the washer.)
2. Detach the dryer vent duct from the wall and the dryer itself. (In case your duct is shorter than 4-5 ft, you would possibly want an extended one to cross your connectors.)
3. Vacuum any lint and dirt out of the duct, the again of the dryer, and the wall vent.
4. Then shimmy that washer over to the place the dryer used to sit down. There’s no must disconnect the washer hoses from the wall. (See above: My goofy handyman at work, y’all.)
5. Reposition your hoses in order that there aren’t any kinks to permit water to move simply.
6. Transfer the dryer into the washer’s previous spot and reposition the duct in order that there aren’t any kinks there both.
Ta da! In about half-hour, it was all mounted.
You don’t have any concept how joyful I’m that I don’t have to bop round these doorways banging collectively anymore.
And I get to maintain my fancy little #mombrain hatch. Ha!
If you wish to see how we gave this laundry room a funds refresh a few years in the past, you may see all the makeover particulars right here.
I nonetheless can’t recover from it.
If life requires that you just do laundry, it helps to do it in an area that makes you content, proper? 😉
If you wish to save this publish for later, you may pin it right here: